Hello and Welcome! I’m Mariana Calleja, M.D.
I’ve been building something. Something exciting. Something I haven’t seen anywhere else.
Something designed to really make a difference.
Everything I’ve been doing so far? I’m turning it up to 11 – and I want you to come with me.
Here’s the back-story.
I’ve been travelling non-stop for almost a year while figuring out how to build a health-related business that, you know, gets people healthy. A business that tackles health issues before they create pain and suffering.
Unsurprisingly, this has proved challenging – but not for the reasons you might think.
I’ve been working in the field of medicine since 2000, and a fully practising doctor for a decade now (amazing how time goes by!). During all this time I’ve worked in public institutions and private healthcare centres in a number of different countries.
I’ve seen people coming to me, out of their minds with worry, seeking relief from physical and emotional pain that just doesn’t seem to go away, no matter how good their medical advice is. Sometimes it’s been because their problems run deep, and they need more help. In those cases, that’s exactly what long-term healthcare is for.
But other times, I’ve been in the position of giving exactly the same long-term health advice as before. They returned to me with exactly the same problem, because they hadn’t followed my advice. In fact, they found they couldn’t follow my advice. They didn’t know where to start. As soon as they left my office, the whole plan of action fell apart.
And so here they were again – with an added burden of guilt.
If you’ve ever felt guilty when you went to the doc, you know what I’m talking about. You knew you had to follow a healthier course of action, but life got in the way, as life has a habit of doing. Before you knew it, a month passed and your virtuous, health-bolstering course of action that you promised your doctor you’d faithfully follow until you were feeling better…um, well, that proved a lot harder than expected. And now, a terrible sense of gloomy failure hangs over you as you ring for another appointment.
Millions of people feel like this every year. And it’s not their fault. It’s also not the doctor’s fault. They gave you excellent advice, to the best of their ability. They did their job, and you walked away with the medical advice you need to protect your longterm health and life a happy, fulfilled life.
Except that advice didn’t get used – because you weren’t taught how to use it.
Want to get healthier & not sure where to start? Let’s talk! Book a free call with me.
Sticking to healthy habits doesn’t come naturally. It’s June. How many of your New Year’s Resolutions are you still following? How about last year’s? Or maybe you’ve stopped making them, because they always make you feel bad about yourself?
Healthy habits are two things:
- “Healthy” – the thing you’re trying to accomplish, the advice given to you by professionals – the thing that would make you feel awesome if only you knew how to keep doing it.
- “Habit” – the way you can keep doing it.
Every time I treated a patient who knew what to do but didn’t have the correct mental tools for actually making it happen, I knew there was a problem that wasn’t being tackled.
We go to the doctor to be told what to do – but we’re not told how to keep doing it.
It turns out there’s a massive difference between 1) giving advice, and 2) showing how to follow advice. Hardly anyone teaches how to follow advice, and I don’t know any doctors teaching how the two work together.
So, I’m becoming that doctor, as of now.
I recently launched a new online 1-month course, delivered by e-mail. It’s designed to teach you the essential healthy habits we all need to beat stress, stay healthy and prevent those stressful, worrying trips to the doctor for all those 21st-Century lifestyle ailments that we should never have to suffer from. Read more.
And it’s also going to teach you exactly how to stick to all of your good intentions, and how to effectively form a habit in the first place. It’s not just going to tackle stress – it’s going to give guilt a good kicking as well.
I’m utterly excited about this because I believe it’s a game-changer. It’s exactly what I wish I’d had available to teach my patients, all those years ago. I really think it would have made a big difference in their lives.
So – are you in?
- Subscribe to my newsletter in the yellow box and don’t miss an update. (Promised: no spam!)
- Check out my stress-taclking course: “Don’t Stress It! A Foundation Course to Healthy Habits” – it’s easy and private. Plus you get free consultation, medical guidance and community support! Right here.
Love, Dr. Mariana
How & Where to Contact Me, Newsletter, Events, and More.
- If you want to learn more about me and what I do, go here.
- If you’re curious on how an online doctor works, read my F.A.Q.
- If you want to know how I could help you, book free guiding call with me. Schedule it here.
- If you want to learn how to tackle stress to feel better and prevent illness, subscribe to my email course and start today! Read more.
- If you want to learn about my online consultation, please go here.
- If you want further professional reference, check my CV or my Linkedin profile.
- If you’re on social media, find me! I’m on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. I’m quite active, I love it, and I will challenge you at times!
- If you want to work with me, interview me or ask for a special request, please contact me here. I’ll get back to you the soonest possible.
Get healthy, good news straight into your inbox!
Is stress annoying you? Learn how to tackle it before it tackles you! Read more.